Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Positive Day at Estoril for Alvaro Bautista

Alvaro Bautista Estoril 2012

Alvaro Bautista picked up another positive result whilst Michele Pirro achieved his objective of bringing the CRT home on a positive day for Team San Carlo Honda Gresini at Estoril. A top six finish for the Spaniard and the Italian's first points of his MotoGP career give the team a timely morale boost ahead of the next race at Le Mans in two weeks' tim

Alvaro Bautista
“It was a tough race. After practice I thought I had the pace to be fighting for fourth place but I didn't have a good feeling for the front and was struggling to turn the bike. It cost me a few valuable tenths that made me lose touch with Dovizioso and Crutchlow. Now we will have a close look at the data and try to understand why this happened, as well as working on our weak point which is braking. Sixth place isn't a bad result but we should have been much closer to the two Yamaha Tech3 bikes. We have a test tomorrow and that will be very useful to us. ”

Michele Pirro
“With eight laps to go I could see on the big screen that Stoner was starting to lap people so I pushed extra hard to the end because I would have been really disappointed to get lapped. I'm happy we made it to the end and I picked up my first points of the season. Today I just tried to stay upright and make the most of what we had underneath us and hopefully in the future we can hope for more than that. I want to thank the team for their hard work here, hopefully we can have some new stuff to work with at Le Mans.”

Fausto Gresini “It has been a good day and to get our best result with Alvaro so far is encouraging. We made progress over the weekend and I think the data we collected today will help us make further progress in future. Our objective is to be fighting with the Yamaha Tech3 bikes and I think we will be doing that soon. I am also happy that we were able to finish the race with Michele on the CRT bike, picking up points and avoiding being lapped. Overall it's been a good weekend that bodes well for the future.”

Honda Gresini Press Release

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/Up5ISOSEMqK/Positive+Day+Estoril+Alvaro+Bautista

Osmo Hansen Gregg Hansford Tetsuya Harada John Hartle Wil Hartog Gary Haslam

No comments:

Post a Comment