Thursday, November 11, 2010

Jeff Gordon, Jeff Burton in Shoving Match After Texas Crash

Filed under: , , ,

Jeff GordonIn a rare outburst of anger, four-time NASCAR Cup champion Jeff Gordon got out of his wrecked race car, crossed the Texas Motor Speedway track and walked up to the other driver involved in the accident, Jeff Burton, and shoved the fellow veteran before NASCAR officials could separate the two drivers.

The accident happened just as a caution flag flew on lap 192 of the 334-lap Sprint Cup Series race for a one-car incident involving Martin Truex Jr. elsewhere on track. Gordon and Burton had been racing hard for 18th place prior to the yellow flag and Gordon pulled his No. 24 DuPont Chevrolet alongside Burton's Chevy as the field slowed to show his displeasure with Burton.

Burton said he was just trying to pull back up alongside Gordon and motion an apology and then -- as he saw it -- the two cars just became entangled.

"I honestly don't know what happened, but it's 100 percent my fault,'' Burton said. "I pulled up to let him know he was right and I don't blame him for being mad.''



That mea culpa wasn't good enough for Gordon, who was still peeved when interviewed next to his team transporter moments later.

"I was walking toward him and thankfully had a long walk because I did the least amount of what I wanted to do to him,'' Gordon said. "I was real upset and let's just say, I held back. I didn't want to be in an ambulance with him, I can tell you that.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2010/11/07/jeff-gordon-jeff-burton-have-shoving-match-after-crash-in-texas/

Dollar General Toyota Michael Annett Germain com Toyota Brendan Gaughan Loan Max Toyota

No comments:

Post a Comment