Monday, August 27, 2012

Third and Fifth Row Starts for Bautista and Pirro

Alvaro Bautista Brno 2012

Qualifying practice did not go to plan for Team San Carlo Honda Gresini at Brno today, Alvaro Bautista unable to take the necessary step in quality at the end of the session to propel himself towards the front of the grid. The positive side is that despite being unable to put a flying lap together Bautista had good consistency to his pace and increased confidence in the front end of his machine. Once again luck was against Michele Pirro, whose engine burst into flames and forced him onto his second bike, which was set up differently. It's a shame because the prospects of a good grid position before that were good.

Alvaro Bautista (8th 1' 57” 068) “We have definitely improved the feeling with the front end of the bike and we set a good pace in race trim at the start of the session. We made a little change to the rear but we switched back to the original configuration because I didn't like it. Unfortunately I couldn't improve on the pace I set over the opening laps and I'm not happy about that but I am confident for the race because my feeling with the bike isn't bad and if I can make a good start we can have a good race like Indianapolis.”

Michele Pirro (14th 1' 59” 387) “That was just what I didn't need! I suddenly felt a burning sensation on my leg and tried to get off the bike as quickly as possible. It is incredible really and a big shame because I am sure I could have improved my lap time and grid position. I hope this latest setback is the last bit of bad luck we have this season.”

Fausto Gresini “Alvaro could have definitely done better but the fact he has such a good feeling with the bike is a positive. With a good start he can make up the positions that he missed out on today and have a good race from there. He has confidence in the bike so he should be able to push it with conviction in the race. I don't know what to say about Michele. His bad run has continued and I am sorry for him. Before the problem he showed good pace and so I'm confident about tomorrow. All we can do is cross our fingers for better luck.”

San Carlo Honda Gresini Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/8uSe2KPsJUG/Third+Fifth+Row+Starts+Bautista+Pirro

Yves Demaria Gilbert De Roover Clement Desalle John DeSoto Tony DiStefano Jamie Dobb

No comments:

Post a Comment