Thursday, August 30, 2012

Zarco finishes seventh at an exciting Czech Republic Grand Prix

Johann Zarco Brno 2012

An exciting race characterized Sunday's Grand Prix of the Czech Republic, in which two groups of riders gave a good show with many overtakes defining the final top eight positions.

At the front, the four best Moto2 riders swopped places and record lap times to compete for the podium, while among the pursuing pack was Johann Zarco, who with a consistent and determined race dueled with Simone Corsi, Alex De Angelis, Bradley Smith and Mika Kallio up to the last corner, finishing in seventh position at the flag.
The day began in a drenching rain, which forced the riders to do the warm-up with wet settings. The rain lowered the temperature of the Tarmac and air, thus changing some parameters and leading the team to change some of the choices made yesterday, including the front tyre, even though the track was now dry. At the green light, the young Frenchman managed to gain some positions and to remain attached to the lead group, sticking close to fifth position. At the end of the race fighting was intense for fifth place, which was held by the Team JiR rider but on the last lap Zarco was passed by the more experienced De Angelis and Corsi to leave the Frenchman in seventh.
More difficult was the race of Eric Granado, who after a good start struggled to find a steady pace and stay with the group in front of him. The technical nature of the track and the variable weather conditions certainly tested the young Brazilian, who will take advantage of this experience for future races.

Johann Zarco
"At the end I'm pretty happy with this seventh place, it's a good performance especially because throughout the race I was not too far from the leaders. The conditions today were very different than yesterday, this advised us to choose a softer front tyre, a proper choice for the grip that however gave me some chatter and so I had to adapt my style based on the feedback I received from my MotoBI. I could ride well in these conditions until I had someone in front, but if it was me leading it was more difficult. We had a good fight with De Angelis and Corsi, they are riders with lots of experience that paid on the last lap. I'm sorry because I felt I could aspire to the fifth place, you cannot always find such as good shape as we found for today so I would have expected to draw greater advantage, but we still made ​​important points for the championship, the objective now is to consolidate seventh place in the standings."

Eric Granado
"I was hoping to be faster actually, the conditions today were very different from yesterday, the warm up was wet so we couldn't finalise some aspects and this has given me less confidence. At the start I gained some positions but was paying a gap of about half a second from the others so I went back a few places, I also had some uncertainty with the gear engagement that now we're going to check, however I've got to knuckle down and find a better pace. Now I will do a few days in Brazil to treat shoulder in a way to get in shape for the San Marino Grand Prix."

JiR Moto2 Team Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/nbeVtpVIDSg/Zarco+finishes+seventh+exciting+Czech+Republic

Henry Banks Fabrizio Barbazza John Barber Skip Barber Paolo Barilla Rubens Barrichello

No comments:

Post a Comment